[TACRAO] Listserv Course Classification

Hall, John jhall at mail.smu.edu
Fri Jun 14 12:23:44 CDT 2013

Lana -

At SMU we do not make a clear distinction for SMU courses as to whether they are transferrable or non-transferrable.

However, we do consider the awarding of credit hours as a key to this question. If we award credit hours for the course we are saying we consider it an academic course that can count towards a degree and if we do not award credit hours we are saying we view the course as non-academic or developmental, and we are not counting it towards a degree.

Best wishes for a cool summer (although this wish may be too late),

John