[TACRAO] Listserv ApplyTexas Application Fee

Paola Fernandez pfernandez at tamut.edu
Tue Jun 11 10:47:53 CDT 2013

Hello All,

Currently at Texas A&M University-Texarkana we charge an application fee
before we process an application. We accept payments through ApplyTexas,
check/money order, cash, and fee waivers (freshman ONLY), however we are
running into an issues with students requesting payment of the fee with
the last three aforementioned options. Applicants often times take weeks
including months to pay their fee and we are left wondering if they were
truly interested in attending.

I would like to know if any other institution is running into the same
problems. If so, what type of communication do you use and how often to
remind applicants to pay their fee? How long do you wait before you
decide to "inactivate" the application? Any other input/suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Best regards,