[TACRAO] Listserv Mini Sessions

Scott Branum tbranum at gc.edu
Thu Dec 12 08:51:26 CST 2013

Galveston College offers a mini term during the winter.  Typically, the term is 4 weeks in length and is counted with the student's spring semester credit hours.  We strongly encourage students not to take more than one mini term course (typically 3 semester credit hours); however, our system is not currently set up to stop the student from registering from more than one.  We rarely run into any student who wants to take more than one course during the mini term.

One issue to note - since our mini term courses count against a student's spring semester credit hours, we often run into the issue of students being faced with an overload of credit hours for spring (which means the student has to petition our Vice President of Instruction for an overload approval).
----
Scott Branum | Director of Admissions/Registrar
Galveston College
4015 Avenue Q | Galveston, TX  77550