[Sara-Reports] SARA KP Hour Angle Limits with Lower Shutter Up

Henson, Gary D. HENSONG at mail.etsu.edu
Sun Feb 5 13:55:02 CST 2017

OBSERVERS,

Attached is a listing of approximate Hour Angle Limits for telescope pointing with the Lower Shutter raised at SARA KP.  Since we are operating with the lower shutter fixed in the closed position, you may find this more useful than trying to use the Dome Cameras to note the telescope position relative to the shutter.  I meant to send this out last week but the data was in an old observing notes folder that took a while to find.

The values are fairly accurate as they were determined on site back in the early REU days.  The main issue is, of course, pointing to the East but I also include a few points for West hour angle although airmass values are typically extreme before the shutter would be reached pointing west.

Gary Henson
Department of Physics & Astronomy
ETSU